By Banthu Times Reporter 24/09/2013
A 24-year-old man was hospitalized after he ate too many river-snails too frequently and turned green as a result.
The Chinese Center for Disease Control reportedly confirmed that he was infected by parasitic flatworms that live in animal livers.
The parasite apparently entered his body because he was eating river snails on a daily basis, news sources from the provincial capital of Guiyang reported.
“Usually I like to eat fried river snails, especially in the past few months, where I’ve been eating one plate every night,” he told local Chinese reporters.